The translation of the party's presentation on state TV and radio is as follows:
History of mankind changes depending on time and situation. According to this trend history paved the way for the adoption of multiparty democracy system in 1988.
With the consent of the majority of Kokang people, the Kokang Democracy and Unity Party was formed on 6 November 1988, application was presented to Multiparty General Commission and then became a legal party.
In the process of drafting and adopting a new constitution with the participation of the then existing parties and the representatives of people of all walks of life at the National Convention, KDUP was an ardent partaker.
Hence, KDUP adopted the State’s objective“Emergence of a modern, developed and disciplineflourishing democratic nation” as its national objective.
The objectives of the party are:
1. Emergence of a modern, developed and discipline-flourishing democratic nation
2. Non-disintegration of the Union
3. Perpetuation of sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Union of Myanmar
4. All the national races of the Union of Myanmar to equally enjoy the rights stipulated in the Constitution in unity and harmony
5. To adopt a market-oriented economic system suitable to the situation of Myanmar Kokang people took part in the anti-colonialist struggle and independence struggle and are also participating in the national development undertakings of the State’s modern-day reform process to the best of their ability. Likewise, KDUP will take part in social, education, health and regional development undertakings designed for Kokang people and the national tasks of the State to serve the long-term interest of the entire people in the respective sectors while having loyalty to the State.
The work programmes are:
1. To work for the modernity, progress, prosperity and tranquility of the nation
2. To achieve internal peace and national unity and to enable all the national people to build a pleasant life within the legal framework
3. To modernize and develop industries with agriculture as the base
4. To firmly establish a market-oriented economic system that suites to the nation’s present situation
5. To enable all to have access to basic education and health care
6. To generate job opportunities for the national people
We have laid down the following principles to become a compact and disciplined party:
1. Members must accept the party leadership and obey its decisions. All must discharge well the duties assigned by the party.
2. All party members must abide by the existing laws of the State
3. No party member must be selfish. All must have the sense of collectively creating ideas, carrying out tasks and making decisions.
4. Members must be free from committing any acts or making any expressions that may disgrace the party.
5. Not to spread false information, make lies or oppress or intimidate the public under the party’s name
6. Not to seek self interest under the party’s name
7. Every member must pay membership fee
8. Violators of the party principles will be dispelled or punished
9. Any member who violates any stipulation of the existing laws of the State will face punishment in accord with the party principles in addition to legal action.
10. A member shall officially apply for resignation. He or she shall quit the party when application is agreed by the party. But the party after studying his or her reason of leaving it must make utmost to organize him or her to remain as a member.
11. The party principles must be adopted after receiving the approval of the central conference of the party representatives and scrutinized by the CEC.
We proclaim that the above-mentioned are the policy, stance and work programmes of KDUP while wishing the emergence of a public-aspired new peaceful democratic nation that will comprehensively benefit the lives, economy, health, education and social standard of the entire people in the long run.