(2011 Union Assembly Law No. 11)
9th Waxing of Tazaungmon, 1373
November 4, 2011
The Union Assembly enforces the following law.
1. This Law shall be called “Law that amends Political Party Registration Law”.
2. Section 6 sub-section (3) of Political Party Registration Law must be replaced with the following.
(3) Respecting and obeying the Constitution of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
3. Section 10 sub-section (e) of Political Party Registration Law must be removed and specify that sub-section (f) must be sub-section (e), sub-section (g) must be sub-section (f), sub-section (h) must be sub-section (g) and sub-section (i) must be sub-section (h)
4. Section 12 (a) 1 of Political Party Registration Law must be added with the following explanatory note.
Explanatory Note: For each parliamentary term, if the political party that is allowed to register after general-elections cannot contest in the by-elections within the relevant parliamentary term or if the party cannot contest in at least three constituencies in by-elections which has more than three constituencies in the relevant parliamentary term, the failure of contesting will be in accord with the law. [Translator’s Note: The party shall not be entitled to operate as a political party.]
I sign the law in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
Republic of the Union of Myanmar