The National Unity Government (NUG)
- The NUG administration teams announced that junta administration staff will resign and leave 12 townships of Monywa District, Kanty District, Tamu District and Mawlight District in Sagaing Region because the NUG has installed its own administration in those areas.
- On Saturday, the NUG Ministry of Education announced that basic education high school exams would be conducted in February 2023.
- Gantgaw Township Education Board announced matriculation exam days for CDM students.
- In Sagaing Region, local PDFs attacked Salingyi Police Stations with mortars at about 2:00 am on Monday. Reportedly, no less than three members of the junta armed forces died.
- On Monday, a demonstration by people from Salingyi North and Yinmabin East marched for the downfall of the military dictatorship and raised a banner supporting the revolution.
- On the Monywa to Pathein Road, a rally of local people marched against the military dictatorship on Monday with a banner.
- In Myinmu Township, two military logistics vehicles were attacked with mines by a local PDF at about 9:30 am on Monday.
- According to local people and defence forces, members of Shanni Army (SNA), in cooperation with junta soldiers, have been arresting PDF members and killing people in Hommalin Township, Phaungbyin Township and Kanty Township.
- At about 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, local PDFs used 40mm grenades to attack the junta inspection gate on the way to Dibeyin where soldiers had been demanding money from people using the road.
- In Kalay, Sein Linn, a police informer who had gone live on social media to show his support for the junta army and challenge PDFs, and his wife were shot dead at the Yanantthit Tea-Shop on Monday noon while they were having lunch.
- In Kani Township, Spring Revolution Force led anti-junta protests in two villages on Monday.
- In Monywa Township, the Monywa to Amyint road section has been temporarily closed since Monday morning and local people should only use it in emergencies.
- According to the North West Plain Force on Monday, Ko Win Moe Zaw, a young protest leader who was arrested by the junta army, was in critical condition fighting for his life because he was tortured during an interrogation by junta soldiers.
- In Tamu, a local PDF went to the house of a hundred-household leader to give him a warning at 10:00 pm on 8 July. Reportedly, they had to shoot him dead as he tried to attack them.
- In Indaw Township on Sunday, Mezar Police Station was attacked by Indaw Revolution (IR) and over 30 members of the junta armed forces, including a police officer, died.
- In the Mawlu Area of Indaw Township, illegal drugs worth of 72 lakh MMK were confiscated on Saturday evening.
- At about 5:30 pm on Sunday, Generation Z Power (GZP) conducted an attack with two bombs on the junta army stationed at the Mandalay University of Foreign Languages.
- In Longlone Township in Tanintharyi Region, the Rosy Women Union led a march against the military dictatorship on Monday morning.
- In Longlone Township, a local PDF announced that they would be accountable for the death of a child that happened during the assassination of Pyusawti member U Kyaw Hein in Waydy Village.
- In Danu, a self-administered area of Shan south, a military convoy was attacked with mines on Ywangan to Pindaya Road at about 1:00 p.m. on Sunday. Reportedly, 10 members of the junta armed forces died on the spot.
- In Pekone Township in Shan South, a local PDF shot an RPG and 79mm grenades at the junta police station and general administration building on Sunday as a warning.
- In Shweku Township, Myohla PDF attacked a junta motorboat on the way up the Ayeyarwaddy River on Monday morning. Reportedly, four junta soldiers died and some others were injured.
- In Kyaikto Township in Mon State, the God Of Death Guerrilla Force assassinated a junta police investigator at 10:00 am on Monday according to the Poisonous Gas Operation.
- In Kayin State, five soldiers from the junta army regiment (44/102) joined the CDM. Reportedly, the KNU sent them to a liberated area.
- In Oklahoma State in the U.S., the Myanmar Community of Tulsa organized a Save Myanmar Fundraising Event on Sunday for IDPs and PDFs in Myanmar. Reportedly, they earned 100 lakh MMK.
- According to Assistance Association for Political Prisoners: AAPP, up to 2,074 people had lost their lives by 8 July, due to the violent activities of the junta armed forces after the military coup.
Ethnic Armed Organisations
- On Saturday, eight Muslim men from Buthidaung Township, who had been detained by Arakan Army (AA), were released.
- In Chin State, there was fighting between the junta army and local CDFs between Phalan and Hakha on Sunday evening. According to the Chin Journal, four junta soldiers died.
- At 2:00 am on Sunday, there was heavy rain and 4 people, including 2 medical staff, died in the flood caused by the rain water running down from the mountains in Loi Tai Leng, the headquarters area of Restoration Council of Shan State (RCSS).
The Military Council
- The junta Minister of Trade and Commerce said that they had been arranging to provide loans to sunflower seed oil companies to increase local production in order to reduce imports of edible oil.
- The junta Minister of Trade and Commerce said that they had been reviewing the policies on motor vehicles as well-known car factories, which had been producing cars in the c ountry, had to suspend their activities.
- Reportedly, the Yangon Regional Investment Committee allowed 6 investment projects which would create job opportunities for more than 3,000 local people.
- On Sunday morning, the junta Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation and the junta Ministry of Defence sprinkled seeds from helicopters in the five deforested areas in Nay Pyi Taw and Shan state.
- The junta Yangon Regional Government announced that some roads in the city would be temporarily closed for the 75 th anniversary of Martyrs’ Day celebrations on 19 July.
- According to the junta propaganda media, there have been feasts held for military officers, soldiers and their families in regional military headquarters in recent days.
- On Sunday, the US Foreign Minister called on China and ASEAN to put pressure on the military junta after his meeting with Prime Minister of Thailand.
Summary on 12 July
- To bring life to the public’s administrative apparatus in Sagaing Region, there have been constant warnings telling the junta administration staff to leave the area.
- The junta propaganda media broadcast footage of junta soldiers and their families in regional military headquarters enjoying feasts to demonstrate that they were united. However in reality, they are not united and have suffered great losses in fighting.